Thursday 28 February 2013

Corrections made on critical investigation

Done  Haven't done
  • Redraft my writing  -I re-wrote every paragraph to make sure they have have quote in each paragraph   and I also made sure the paragraphs made sense   
  • Check for accuracy  - I checked for accuracy by reading through my work at least 5 times before going on to the paragraph. 
  • Link paragraph together- Linking each paragraph was more difficult then it seemed easier as I had read through the paragraph above and linked it to that
  • Develop conclusion to answer question 
  • More books-  I include more books such as:
Hall, S. (1980). Culture, media, language: working papers in cultural studies, 1972-79. London: Hutchinson ;.
Butler, J. G. (2002). Television critical methods and applications (2nd ed.). Mahwah, N.J.: L. Erlbaum.
Clausen, L. (2003). Global news broadcast: 9.11.2002 around the world.. Denmark: Copenhagen business school press.
H



  • Use more historical and economical links to the texts -I couldn't think of any historical problems to link islamphobia with but I did include mid your language and compared it to post colonialism.  
  • Debate the point that I am making then, Include moral panic and global media and news values
  • Talk about liberal pluralism and different views and link the reception theory: Preferred Reading & Oppositional Reading- Paragraph 4
  • More books & capitalisation 
  • Add books to work consulted and fix moving image section: added the books I forgot to put in work consulted, fix the moving image section in the right format.
  • Include a cultivation quote- Hall, S(1980) .pg 116 “He/she detotalizes the message in the preferred code in order to retotalize the message within some alternative framework of references"


No comments:

Post a Comment